March 31, 1967. 8:45 PM. LBJ and a number of Latin American ambassadors are aboard Air Force One travelling to Texas for a weekend visit. The party includes representatives from Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Uruguay, Trinidad and Tobago, and Venezuela.
Yolanda Boozer makes a brief speech in Spanish, at LBJ’s request, above, and LBJ makes a brief statement himself upon arrival:
We have had a very delightful trip from Washington coming to this beautiful city of San Antonio.
We have visited individually with most of our neighbors in this hemisphere.
We have talked about our problems and our future.
Now we are going to enjoy a wonderful Texas weekend here as your guests to visit with you and exchange views about what is to come.
LBJ Presidential Library photo #A3929-18a, public domain.
- autumn-azul-everly reblogged this from lbjlibrary
- princessofthecaribbeansea reblogged this from lbjlibrary
- mylifeaskass reblogged this from lbjlibrary
- pangolinsarecool likes this
- mrhurley1200 likes this
- nelidaapplebum likes this
- dejavuavectu likes this
- darlingstonefield likes this
- rarum likes this
- princessofthecaribbeansea likes this
- bkk-stars likes this
- l-apathie reblogged this from lbjlibrary
- nardinayman likes this
- dendroica likes this
- coolchicksfromhistory likes this
- riversidearchives likes this
- kelvemjhemes likes this
- differentiald reblogged this from lbjlibrary
- orchestratedconversation likes this
- lbjlibrary posted this