“During the past year more than 1,300 Americans have lost their lives from Communist action in Vietnam. But more than 11,000 of our Vietnamese brothers-in-arms died last year protecting their homeland.
"Why do these Vietnamese fight on? Because they are not going to let others enslave them or rule their future. And with their soldiers are the administrators and civil officials, and the villagers themselves—to many of whom each darkness of the evening is filled with fear, and to many of whom each noise in the night may be a terrorist’s bomb or an assassin’s grenade.
"And yet they fight on….
"In the forties and the fifties we took our stand in Europe to protect the freedom of those threatened by aggression. If we had not then acted, what kind of Europe might there be today?"
Photo: President Lyndon B. Johnson delivers welcoming remarks as Chairman Nguyen Van Thieu (left) and P.M. Nguyen Cao Ky look on.
- teamputvedev likes this
- khuester likes this
- trishasownlittlesecret likes this
- congressarchives likes this
- pallas-athena reblogged this from lbjlibrary
- shadowspells likes this
- barrett328 likes this
- martinscorsexy reblogged this from lbjlibrary
- livmylife likes this
- infinity-fashion- reblogged this from lbjlibrary
- luigibernzoni5000 likes this
- coolchicksfromhistory likes this
- vietnamwarera reblogged this from lbjlibrary
- toddcamack likes this
- laharl-sama likes this
- dendroica likes this
- cubanver reblogged this from lbjlibrary
- cubanver likes this
- tete-pownshend likes this
- usnatarchives likes this
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident likes this
- lbjlibrary posted this